Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 2011 Update

Well 2011 is upon us and its been rather exciting for me thus far. I was able to land a job at Intermessage.com selling cell phones, Alltel plans and Dish Network. Its a good jumpstart to my career and am looking forward to the sales experience. If you need Alltel solutions I will be in the Saybrook store for the time being. With the job I now have ample time to grind and go over hands because my schedule is fixed which is a luxury I have not had in awhile.

Which leads me into the poker part of my blog. January has been about as well as I could ask for. Comparing it to December in which I contemplated shipping back the bankroll to my staker and taking a break from poker altogether. Variance is a brutal thing in this game and there were times where I felt I was not playing my best. These two factors combined can be disastrous for a poker player and their bankroll and I think that is what happened in December. In January thus far I feel like I am playing well and reading spots a lot better plus I am motivated to put in volume. Hopefully 2011 will continue the run good and jumpstart my poker bankroll so I can start playing on my own dime.

No comments: