Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life After Poker

The US being the nice big brother it always has been officially locked out US players from Pokerstars, FTP and AP/UB on Friday. I'm sure many of you have seen my rants on personal freedoms being violated but Ill ignore that situation for now and focus on life after online poker.

I post on a poker forum and the conversation came up about what we will do now that these major players in the business are gone. Are there sites that still accept players from the US still running? Sure. Will I be able to 16 table tournaments in the near future? No. Now don't get me wrong if I found out Ill be able to get my money back and Ill probably put some of it back online and just mess around but for the meanwhile it looks like I will be finding new hobbies.

Ive been working out a lot recently and that takes up a good deal of my time and as always I'm still a big movie/TV guy. When it comes to TV I have to mention Traffic Light. This show is on 930 on Tuesdays and is simply hilarious. I swear Im bursting up laughing double digit times per episode. I have a feeling though that this show isn't going to catch on and will have a 2-3 season run and have a cult like following then its over.

This month has been rough because my Xbox 360 finally crashed after having it for 5 years I just have to find the time to call in and get it fixed so I can begin playing again. I just started to use it again playing NBA 2k11 and MK vs DC. Also with my new TV the HDMI was awesome so I'm missing that.

The whole point of the blog was to discuss my hobbies after poker and while I have discussed the ones that have taken up most of my time I have left a couple out. Ill have more time to read now and a couple of my friends have recommended the Song of Fire & Ice series. They cant put the books down so I want to check these out. I still have a couple novels I want to read as well including The Naked and the Dead.

The one thing Ive wanted to learn the last few years has finally seemed like a reality. That thing would be playing the guitar.. How cliche right? But heres the thing I suck at singing so I'm not becoming a musician anytime soon. I would be using it to make jokes Bo Burnham style. It would be just another outlet to get my wisecracking, quick-wittedness and parodies in motion which many of you have come to love/hate about me.

Ill have another blog entry soon on the topic of Bucket Lists and give you a preview of what I got on mine. As always thanks to those of you who read!

No comments: