Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Resolution

My New Years Resolution for this year involves two parts. The first part is my poker life. This year I would like to play around 8-10 MTT a week. Also I would like to learn games like Omaha and improve my 7stud play. I have read countless articles that have been intriguing me into getting into these games for different reasons. The first reason would probably be the most important. It improves my strongest game Holdem. In these other games I might noticed something I never thought to do in Holdem. I believe this was Steve Zolotow who said this.
I would like to make double what I made this year and I do not think that this is an unreasonable task because I did not play that much this last half of the year. If I could accomplish only one of these though I would like being a better overall player. Im gonna try and accomplish this but playing in at least one omaha, stud, or horse tourney a week out of those 8-10 I mentioned above.

As far as the second half of the resolution goes its pretty much been the same as the last two years. Get my life together. What I mean by this is Im not putting 100% effort into college right now. Im only cheating myself. I need to pull my grades up. They are not bad but they are n0t 3.6 either. I could improve this by not procrastinating ridiculously like I do right now. Studying for a few hours a night before the exam is not the best way to go about things and I am slowing realizing this. I also need to start doing more HW even if its not the full assignment but a few problems here and there so I can realize what I need to work on. I know if I improve on this then I should be able to pull a 3.0 next semester and my senior year as well.

I would like to say 2007 was a good year and I hope 2008 is even better. Good Luck to you all with your resolutions and your health and prosperity in 2008.

No comments: